Monday, January 27, 2014

BringBackOurGirls campaign goes global, Malala speaks about Chibok girls

Its been long that the extremists called Boko Haram has been ravaging Nigeria, and three weeks that they have taken Chibok government secondary school SS3 girls to hostage, demanding for nothing but war.

According to Wikipedia, Boko Haram are generations of Maitatsine (the late preacher of War on westernization of Nigeria). regime when he was so deep in his fake preaching of war lieu of peace that the word "Islam" connote. Ever since then, there has been series of insurgency in the northern part of the country, but the worst of all is this present Boko Haram extremist. Even to my knowledge, there has never been much killings recorded in the past than the Bokos.
"When I heard about girls in Nigeria being abducted, I felt very sad, and I thought, 'my sisters are imprisoned now,'" Malala told CNN. "The girls in Nigeria are my sisters and its my responsibility that I speak up for my sisters."
Boko Haram are extremists who don't understand Islam, she said.
The religion, she says, calls for empowerment through education, not a snuffing of it.
"They should go and they should learn Islam, and I think that they should think of these girls as their own sisters. How can one imprison their own sisters and treat them in such a bad way," she said.
Everyone should speak up for the kidnapped girls, she said.
In a photo released recently onnline, Malala holds a sign reading #BringBackOurGirls, joining the chorus of social media activity repeating the same demand.

It would be recalled that in 2014 Chibok kidnapping, government properties were destroyed by the Boko haram extremist, including the only girls' secondary school, attacked. At least 16 killed or missing, and 234 female students kidnapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment